[Kroupware] KDE3.2 release

Bo Thorsen bo at sonofthor.dk
Tue Feb 3 21:58:57 CET 2004

On Tuesday 03 February 2004 19:10, Jon Bendtsen wrote:
> Den 3. feb 2004, kl. 19:02, skrev Bradley M Alexander:
> > I saw on the KDE site today that 3.2 has been released. As I am about
> > deploy Kroupware at home, and I _think_ I recall seeing that the
> > kdepim and
> > kdenetwork pieces in 3.2 should have kroupware functionality built
> > in.
> >
> > Does it?
>
> i'd like to know that too. Another thing is that i remember someone
> talking about kontact, is that in RC3.2

Kontact is in 3.2, but it's not a Kolab client yet :-(

We - as in the KDE PIM people - will release kdepim 3.3 separately from
KDE in about 3 or 4 months and that will contain a Kontact that will be a
full Kolab client. It will also include some other goodies. See
http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kdepim-3.3-features.html
for the 3.3 feature plan. Now, as always with a KDE feature plan, we will
not guarantee any of the features, but the Kolab client part is
definately going to be in there. You can also see the release plan at
http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kdepim-3.3-release-plan.html

BTW, as of KDE 3.2, all the parts that was in kroupware kdenetwork has
been moved to the kdepim module. This means Kontact or the future Kolab
client is no longer part of kdenetwork at all, but only kdepim.

Most of kroupware_branch have been ported over to KDE 3.2, but all of the
groupware scheduling is missing. Also, the free/busy features of it has
been hidden, since they conflict with the fb settings of the standard
KOrganizer. These remaining features have almost been implemented in KDE
CVS HEAD now, but still needs more QA and a bit more development before
it's ready.

It's too bad that we couldn't make the 3.2 release have a full client, but
that wasn't to be.

Bo.