[Kroupware] things not going smoothly

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Feb 3 14:53:51 CET 2004

On Sunday 01 February 2004 01:20, Dick Kniep wrote:
> On Friday 30 January 2004 17:43, Bernhard Reiter schreef:
> > On Friday 30 January 2004 09:30, Kenneth Oncinian wrote:

> > > 2. I tried to delete a user, and create the same user account again,
> > > but there is an error which says email account is already used. But the
> > > user which previously hold the account is already deleted using the web
> > > interface.
> >
> > It might take a while until the user is deleted.
> > If it does not happen, maybe the server processes are not running
> > correctly.
> >
> > > Did I install uncorrectly? Do I have to reinstall?
> >
> > Hard to tell. What version did you try to install anyway.
> > Were there any error messages?
> >
> > > Can I manually delete
> > > the ldap entries? if so how?
> >
> > Yes, s but it is difficult, see the FAQ.
> > > Is this kind of problem a known issue?
> >
> > no.
>
> Well YES!
>
> If you look back some weeks, you will find some postings about the
> webinterface screwing up the entries in the LDAP directory (januari 1st).
> We created several users, and everything seemed to be OK, but the ID's of
> some of our users were the same

On the other hand, there are many Kolab installation
which do not have this problem.
So I cannot recreate it and there is no bug report
in the tracker that developers could use to fix it.

Of course I believe you, that you have those problem.

> More precisely, we had a user dick.kniep at lindix.nl (myself), and after
> adding another user (via the webapplication), the id of my user was changed
> to the id of the added user. So I ended up with two users with identical
> id's but different mailboxes.....
> I still don't know how to solve it.

We need to recreate this then.
Maybe you have to reinstall and write done the steps
and each version so it will get reproducable.

> I saved my mail in a local mailbox, and
> after that I deleted the user dick.kniep at lindix.nl, and made it anew,
> however, although the obvious error has disappeared (the id's are correct
> now), we still have lots of problems, and currently are considering
> switching to another solution. For instance when a colleague tried a plugin
> in Outlook, his mailbox became visible in my kol
> ab mailbox.
Can you check on the server that the emails are apparently going
in the wrong folders for cyrus?
You might also want to browse through the ldap data using gq
or something similiar and see if all looks plausible there.

> And as I am typing this, every time Kmail is trying to get new
> mail from the server, I get messages about a permission problem (probably
> related to the fact that I am seeing mailboxes of my colleague.

I can't say. Most permissions problems while syncing come
from corrupt index files on the client side.
You can try the IMAP Cache debugging options from
the context menu. Rebuild the index. If this does not help,
try to refresh the cache.

> I hope I didn't discourage you, and if anyone out there knows what is going
> on, I would highly appreciate it if you could instruct me what to do to
> correct the described problems.

The next step would probably be to find out more about what
is going wrong at your place. As mentioned about many other
people do not have those problems.

	Bernhard