[Kroupware] New install questions

Thomas Lotterer thl at dev.de.cw.com
Mon Feb 2 22:46:03 CET 2004

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004, Bradley M Alexander wrote:

> I am about to attempt an install of kolab on my mail server at home. Its a
> Debian/sarge system, and I have some concerns/questions about the install.

Stephan already answered most of your questions.

I want to add a important note regarding OpenPKG. Do not attempt to
install OpenPKG on Debian/sarge these days. It is sadly broken. We
at OpenPKG are currently very busy fixing packages to get out the
next major release. We have identified the root cause of the problem
and fixing it requires some changes to the very heart of the OpenPKG
bootstrap. I assume we can fix it on Wednesday.

Before we do the stuff initiated by Debian/sarge, we have to commit
another unrelated major change which I hope will make it into the
repository tomorrow. The change is small, just a new RPM header, but the
effect is big: packages created with and after that commit cannot be
used with any OpenPKG version prior 20040130. Keep that in mind.

Watch the ixDLT row (ix86-debian3.1) on
http://www.openpkg.org/status.cgi and start deployment
on your favorite platform when all lights are green.

--
Thomas.Lotterer at cw.com, Cable & Wireless