[Kroupware] New install questions

Bradley M Alexander storm at tux.org
Mon Feb 2 18:52:37 CET 2004

I am about to attempt an install of kolab on my mail server at home. Its a
Debian/sarge system, and I have some concerns/questions about the install.

1) According to the instructions, the source files are in .src.rpm format.
Since Debian uses a .deb format, by default, you would have a separate
rpm database. Given this, would it work/would it be prudent to use alien
to convert these to debs before installing?

2) I already have an instance of postfix running on this box, however
postfix is one of the packages that is required packages for kolab. What is
the best order of events to change over to the kolab MTA, and does the
kolab version of Postfix still use the config in /etc/postfix?

3) Does the _entire_ kde need to be recompiled?

I just pluckered all of the documentation I could find (the QIMs and raw
HOWTOs from CVS), the architecture, FAQ and technical from the web page,
but in scanning over them, didn't see answers to these questions. If they
are covered, I apologize for wasting time and bandwidth.

TIA,
--
--Brad
Bradley M. Alexander                |