[Kroupware] Forwarding mail to unknown recipient to another server

Ellis Whitehead ellis.whitehead at seleon.de
Mon Apr 5 15:40:06 CEST 2004

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the info. ;)  I'm afraid it didn't work though -- came back with
the following response:

--------
This is the Postfix program at host mail.tscg.intra.

 below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

 delete your own text from the message returned below.

                         The Postfix program

 <axel.richter at example.de>:
host /kolab/var/kolab/lmtp[/kolab/var/kolab/lmtp]
     said: 550-Mailbox unknown.  Either there is no mailbox associated with
this
     550-name or you do not have authorization to see it. 550 5.1.1 User
unknown
--------

We're using a somewhat older version of Kolab: from mid-September.  The
"kolabconf" file you mentioned doesn't exist in that version, but a restart
of kolab did appropriately copy main.cf.template
to /kolab/etc/postfix/main.cf.

        mail /kolab # grep luser etc/postfix/main.cf
        luser_relay = $user at mail.arcor-ip.de

        mail /kolab # grep local_recipient_maps etc/postfix/main.cf
        local_recipient_maps =

However, I need to send the emails on to another server without changing the
email address -- if it gets changed to axel.richter at mail.arcor-ip.de, then
the arcor server won't know which company its for.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Ellis