[Kroupware] slapcat: could not open database

Klaus Vink Slott kroupware at mail.kde.org
Wed Sep 10 16:01:10 CEST 2003

Hello list

Just installed kolab without any problems. I have no prior experience with
LDAP so I decided to play around a little with the LDAP data.

Following last page in the manual "Technical Description" I stop the openldap
server and as kolab user issue the commands:

kolab at tot$ slapcat -b "dc=kubism,dc=ku,dc=dk"
slapcat: slap_init no backend for "dc=kubism,dc=ku,dc=dk"
kolab at tot$ slapcat -b "dc=tot,dc=kubism,dc=ku,dc=dk"
slapcat: could not open database.
kolab at tot$ /kolab/sbin/slapcat -l ldif
slapcat: could not open database.

As seen I dont get anything but complaints out of that

From my slapd.conf
database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=tot,dc=kubism,dc=ku,dc=dk"
directory       /kolab/var/openldap/openldap-data

I thought the my first attemt above could be used to dump the current LDAP
data on the console. But no matter what I write as suffix other that the
fully qualified host name I get the "no backend" error

How can I dump the current LDAP data on the console or to a file?

--
Regards
Klaus Vink Slott