[Kroupware] Re: mozilla email client

Nicolas Huillard nhuillard at ghs.fr
Thu Sep 4 12:05:00 CEST 2003

We use Mozilla here since our beginning with Kolab.
This is purely a mail client :
* contacts are stored in the user's local folders, so not available when
you change your computer
* notes are only handled by the GUI as templates or drafts, which are no
so easy to manage (least than Outlook)
* tasks are non-existent
* calendar is a stand-alone application that doesn't use IMAP at all. We
didn't test it there, but maybe it can work with kolab. I think
invitations won't work between Mozilla and other clients.
What I do to transfer contacts and configuration from one PC to another
: export as file (or get the conf file on the local disk), save it as a
drafts (take care, lines larger than 72 chars are split), then get it on
the other PC, and store/import.
Not so easy, but that's a Mozilla point, not Kolab.

NH