[Kroupware] Kolab Distribution Lists - Multiple Domains - Multiple Aliases

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Sep 4 08:57:33 CEST 2003

Am Wednesday 03 September 2003 06:45 pm schrieb Christopher Lewis:

Hi Christopher,

> But now I'm curious, how does the client get freebusy information?  Does it
> actually look up the file on the server?  If so, how does it currently know
> which file to use?  I only ask because I haven't got a clue how to find it
> on my own.

Please have a look at http://kroupware.org/architecture-1.1/x154.html

"The KDE clients store free-busy lists using WebDAVs and read free-busy
information via HTTPS on the Kolab server."

"Windows Clients must store their free-busy lists via anonymous FTP on the
server, for historical reasons. For lookup of the free-busy lists, HTTP is
used by the Outlook/Bynari Clients. In this project we look not further into
this drawback. Instead, a so-called legacy mode is provided on the Kolab
server. Using this compatibility mode the dedicated storage area for
free-busy lists on the Kolab server is also accessible via anonymous FTP
(upload own free-busy list) and HTTP (retrieving all free-busy lists). This
is an optional setting that will be disabled by default.

The logic behind the calendar events and their handling is entirely done by
the client applications. The server mainly acts as a network storage in this
regard."

Regards,
-- martin

Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de