[Kroupware] PHP with MySQL ?

Thomas Lotterer thl at dev.de.cw.com
Thu Oct 30 21:14:50 CET 2003

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003, Otmar Stahl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 14:33, Dennis Leist wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I like to use kolab's php with mysql support.
> > I didn't find any mysql package for kolab.
> >
> > Who has an idea to proceed?
>
> We have a kolab server, which we also use as general purpose Web server,
> including php with mysql supprt.
>
> I used mysql from OpenPKG, compiled and installed it, and modified
> apache.spec to include mysql:
>
> %option       with_mod_php_mysql        yes
>
> Then you have to recompile apache. This works fine for me.

Even more easy is to pass an option to rpm while rebuilding, in this
case

    $ rpm --rebuild \
      --define 'with_mod_php yes' \
      --define 'with_mod_php_mysql yes' \
      apache-*.src.rpm

Note that Kolab needs additional options not related to your question.
You can examine a list of available options before you install a OpenPKG
binary by executing

    $ rpm -qip apache*.src.rpm # options and their defaults
    $ rpm -qip apache*.rpm     # options and the values used for building
    $ rpm -qi  apache          # options and the values being installed

PS: be sure you exec the "correct" rpm executable!

--
Thomas.Lotterer at cw.com, Cable & Wireless