[Kroupware] Cert not accepted by kmail

Jean-Philippe Barrette-LaPierre jpb at rrette.com
Thu Oct 16 21:55:44 CEST 2003

On Thursday 16 October 2003 05:37 pm, Robin Green wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have installed kroupware for a client to get shared calendaring
> functionality. However it does not currently work, so we've disabled
> groupware functionality for now.
>
> The reason is, kmail rejects the certificate when trying to access
> free/busy lists (I think) and will not let you override and choose to
> accept the certificate.

I had the same "don't-want-to-accept-the-certificate" problem with mandrake
9.1, who has KDE 3.1.0. I upgraded to KDE version 3.1.4 and it solved the
problem.

Don't forget to configure korganizer to publish to the groupware!
(http://intevation.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/doc/raw-howtos/migrate_kmail_client_account_to_use_kolab.txt
for more information)

> This could be because the default certificate is self-signed.

Like I said, it's not why it's doesn't remember it, but that's why he is
poping a warning.

> So I tried
> to create a dummy CA and use that to sign the certificate, according to
> not-very-clear instructions found on the web for apache and openssl.
> It's possible these instructions are out of date.
> However, now:
>
> 1. Kolab's apache and something else ask you for the password for the CA
> or something (it's not clear what!) on bootup.
> This is stupid - whoever implemented this, what were they thinking?
> You're not supposed to wait for input from the user in init scripts,
> generally speaking, unless something really bad has happened like fs
> corruption. Also as I said it should identify what you are being asked to
> provide the password for. I appreciate this may be an apache issue rather
> than a kroupware issue.
>
> 2. KMail still rejects the certificate, just as before.
>
> Help!

I hope it will help

- --
Jean-Philippe Barrette-LaPierre