[Kroupware] Kolab-webclient + Toltec

Kirk Lawson lklawson at heapy.com
Thu Oct 16 15:12:00 CEST 2003

> The Toltec Connector saves the Outlook objects in the
> Microsoft TNEF format.
> I assume that the web client is saving the information in the
> format iCal
> and vCard. Web Client cannot talk TNEF and the Toltec
> Connector cannot talk iCal and vCard.

OK.  Thanks.

> > Are there any Outlook sync clients that *will* work?
>
> Currently I know of no synchronization client that can do
> this.

OK.  Thanks.  Problem is, I'm pretty much tied to Outlook.  Any Groupware
server I get *must* sync to my Outlook clients.  And with the Webclient
not able to do anything but webmail, that severely limits the
functionality of the webclient.

Maybe I could disable everything but e-mail as an option in the
Webclient?

> Keep a watch
> on the Kolab plug-in page, good things are in the pipeline ;-)

Sounds good.  I truly hope for good thins like this.  But I don't think
I've got the time to wait.  We need a Groupware/e-mail server soon.

I'd prefer, well *ANYTHING* but MS Exchange.  SuSE's Groupware looks good
but still seems a bit pricey.

Amphora looked pretty good but then they "restructured" and the whole
thing seems in limbo at the moment.

phpGroupware looks great but their Outlook client (besides being closed -
seems the standard for Outlook clients), Hamoa, has some syncing issues
and creates a potential security risk on installed clients.

OpenGroupware.org also looks great but the Zidelook client is fairly
expensive and only available in minimum 5 license units and there isn't
even a Demo version to test the flaming thing out.  :P

Let's just say that the Outlook sync requirements make things very
difficult and I'm beginning to get a wee bit discouraged.

Peace favor your sword
 ---
"In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or
knowledge of their use."
 -Achille Marozzo, 1536