[Kroupware] Kolab in FreeBSD, web administrator doesn't work

Stephan Buys list at codefusion.co.za
Tue Oct 14 09:26:06 CEST 2003

I did a full-blown rollout on FreeBSD last week and didn't have to change
sourcecode to get it running.

What I did was the following (I dont have the files with me, so I am writing from memory,
you will need to make sure that you substitute the correct names of files and folders)

Install the imapd...src.rpm.

Reverse the groupfile hack.
This is done by going to /kolab/RPM/SRC/imapd,
- extracting the imapd archive,
- changing into the imapd package directory
- executing: patch -R ../groupfilehack.patch

Now re-tar the fixed sourcecode with the original package name.

To create/compile run: rpm -i imapd.spec --define 'with_vhost_hack yes' (drop the groupfile
hack part)

It seems that the groupfile hack basically breaks compilation on FreeBSD.

If you need something clarified, just shout.

Regards,
Stephan