[Kroupware] Kolab Server + Outlook + Passwords

rruegner robowarp at gmx.de
Thu Oct 2 12:52:18 CEST 2003

Hi,
i cant speak for kolab cause i am very new on the list....but if you run a
samba pdc
password sync change works like charme...i am working on integrate samba 3
to kolab ldap
but it will take time...it would be faster if sombody from the kolab
team will enlight me with their ldap stuff...as far as i did work on that
stuff and studied the
samba3 ldap integration it seems to me that the kolab schema is designed
work working with
mailaccounts no real ou was integrated...such as users groups and machines
which is basic
need having a pdc...so my idea is rewrite the kolab schema to include
the needed stuff.
It should work like a winnt server with exchange 5.5 but i dont know
if the connector will work with this....finally
i would like to see a kolab client on windows...cause outlook has a lot of
bug in the daily work
and after every update it morphs into fixed bug and new bug which make a lot
of trouble
in the daily work ( corupt apointments etc.)
Outlook is also no gnu which means i have to pay for it.....and this is not
in my interest.
Best Regards