[Kroupware] ZfOS kolab-1.0.14-20031126/obmtool (Was: Zen for Open Source)

Thomas Lotterer thl at dev.de.cw.com
Fri Nov 28 21:55:17 CET 2003

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003, Thomas Lotterer wrote:

> Hi folks!
> I want to point out some interesting topics around Kolab and OpenPKG.

This is an update to my initial post which can be reviewed at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=kroupware&m=106867557703947

> Consider the "kolab" package [kolab-1.0.14-20031014] highly immature.

With the help and feedback of the Kroupware community many issues were
identified and addressed, most problems solved. Packages were enhanced,
another snapshot was done and binaries were rolled. Known issues and
their status are listed below.

> Download CFG or SRC or BIN (*), examine README file included and follow
> instructions.
>
> (*) believe it or not, obmtool does not yet provide good support for
> binaries. Will be supported soon. [...]
The tool has been updated to detect presence of binary RPMs in the
current working directory.

Config   ftp://ftp.zfos.org/brew/kolab/CFG/kolab-1.0.14-20031126/
Sources  ftp://ftp.zfos.org/brew/kolab/SRC/kolab-1.0.14-20031126/
Binaries ftp://ftp.zfos.org/brew/kolab/BIN/kolab-1.0.14-20031126/ ...

    ix86-freebsd4.9
    ix86-debian2.2
    ix86-debian3.0
    ix86-redhat9
    ix86-suse8.2
    ix86-gentoo1.4.3
    ix86-solaris9
    sparc64-solaris8
    sparc64-solaris9

Issue
    Debian unstable (sarge) installation reports file conflicts
    Problem and workaround see
    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=kroupware&m=106910892327769
    No solution, yet. Work in progress.

Issue
    Machine with Alpha CPU creates huge (4GB) binaries
    Problem and solution see
    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=kroupware&m=106910892327769
    Notice next issue!

Issue
    Alpha CPU reports "gp-relative relocation against dynamic symbol"
    Original problem see
    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=kroupware&m=106910892327769
    It has been verified that OpenPKG does not currently build proper
    binaries on Alpha CPUs. Original problem report was Debian/Alpha.
    We reproduced the problem on FreeBSD/Alpha this week. The issue
    is neither limited to a single OS nor to Kolab. Needs further
    investigation by the OpenPKG team. No solution, yet. Work in
    progress.

Issue
    Web user interface cannot add users [php utf8_encode()]
    Original problem see
    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=kroupware&m=106910892327769
    Solved in kolab-1.0.14-20031126

This time special thanks go to Stephan Buys for his invaluable help
guiding me around pitfalls and finally getting the whole stuff working.
He was also building the Gentoo binaries. Thanks to Marc Romeo for being
my restless RedHat 9 guinea pig :-) Brian Galura digged into the Debian
(sarge) file conflict problem. Alexander Walla offered feedback and
equipment to work off the Alpha issue. Let's go for next round.

--
Thomas.Lotterer at cw.com, Cable & Wireless