[Kroupware] Appreciations and some questions

Thomas Olsen tol at tanghus.dk
Tue Nov 25 05:38:53 CET 2003

Hi

First of all let me say that I'm _excited_ ;-) I have recently begun living on
the bleeding edge with KDE cvs and the kde-pim module is really getting
great!

Yesterday and most of today I finally reinstalled my mailserver (to Gentoo -
no more weird SuSE configurations :) and installed the Kolab server. Although
it takes forever and eats a lot of space (thank G*d for LVM) it's worth the
trouble! The thing I currently enjoy most is being able to configure
serverside filtering from within KMail.

Now to the questions:

 1) Previously I used Postfix/Courier/maildrop and now all my old messages is
stored in a format somewhat like this:

Maildir/.Projects.hasbro/
Maildir/.Projects.hasbro/cur/
Maildir/.Projects.hasbro/cur/987088803.1091_0.aadal2.tanghus.dk,S=3057:2,S
Maildir/.Projects.hasbro/cur/989308142.20500_43.aadal2.tanghus.dk,S=5376:2,S
Maildir/.Projects.hasbro/cur/988290961.1949_3.aadal2.tanghus.dk,S=4372:2,S
Maildir/.Projects.hasbro/cur/988290958.1949_2.aadal2.tanghus.dk,S=4759:2,S
Maildir/.Projects.hasbro/new/
Maildir/.Projects.hasbro/tmp/
Maildir/.Projects.hasbro/courierimapuiddb
Maildir/.Projects.hasbro/maildirfolder
Maildir/.Projects/
Maildir/.Projects/cur/
Maildir/.Projects/new/
Maildir/.Projects/tmp/
Maildir/.Projects/courierimapuiddb
Maildir/.Projects/maildirfolder

And so forth. Meaning that .Projects is a "subdir" of INBOX
and .Projects.hasbro is a "subdir" of Projects.
Now I would like to import my old and dear messages into the structure used by
kolab/cyrus. Does any of you know of a conversion script for doing so or will
I have to write it myself?
If the latter will I have to convert the filenames like
987088803.1091_0.aadal2.tanghus.dk,S=3057:2,S to Cyrus' more intuitive 1. 2.
3. 4. (...) N. ?

 2) Hope this is the right ml... Some time ago I remember seeing Kontact/
KOrganizer having a configuration entry where you could set your Kolab server
host but it isn't there anymore (CVS HEAD from today). I seem to remember a
mail from Bo Thorsen or Cornelius Schumacher saying something about a hidden
configuration entry where you could reenable it, but now I cant find it
anymore...

Hope someone can help and again thanks for the great work!

--
Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
	Thomas Olsen