[Kroupware] Some questions

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Tue Nov 18 10:06:53 CET 2003

Hi,

I've a Kolab server running in our company which currently serves only LDAP.
This works pretty well, and we intend to widen the usage to LDAP and the
calendar features. Here are my questions I need to get answers for before I
can go ahead:

Our network has a DMZ with a mail server inside. Access is made via SMTP
(sendmail is running) and POP3. We intend to place the Kolab server inside
our intranet (then using IMAP and SMTP to postfix). The existing server
should work as a proxy only. Does somebody run a similar configuration and
what are the common pitfalls in the setup?

We have no standard mail client. Those who don't use Outlook or KDE (resp.
the Kroupware client) shall be able to use a web based frontend. I missed
some details about how to install Horde. I.e. I can somehow change the
Apache config template and install the php files from Kolab CVS, but I
guess I have to install a whole Horde too (inside the openpkg env. or into
the hosting system)? Or don't I? How is this intended to work?

Also, there is Kolab 1.0.x available via srpms. Do you think it's possible
to deliver a CVS HEAD srpm build from time to time, so that it's possible
to track the progress even with CVS ports blocked by the firewall?

Nevertheless, Kolab is already a great solution.

Regards,
Andreas Gungl