[Kroupware] Re: kolab hangs

Nicolas Huillard nhuillard at ghs.fr
Mon Nov 17 14:12:12 CET 2003

Lorenzo Musizza wrote:

> Hi,
> thanks for your reply in the mailing list,
> I am the guy having problmes with Kolab and a large user base.
> You told me about a problem in 2.1.14, what should I see in the logs to
> be sure the problem is the same?

[root at brax:log]# grep DBERROR /kolab/var/imapd/log/lmtpd.log
Nov 16 00:18:32 brax.int.ghs <warning> lmtpd[28924]: DBERROR db4: 18 lockers
Nov 17 09:53:30 brax.int.ghs <warning> lmtpd[10930]: DBERROR db4: 364
lockers

There are usually 15-25 "lockers", but it suddenly starts to increase,
up to 300, 500, even 1000...

> Is there a way to identify this imapd lock?

There are many imapd dead-locks. They seem to be due to interaction
betwwen the Linux kernel / glibc and the way they implemented the locks
in Cyrus.
Deadlocks can occur in the quota DB, in folder-specific cache/index DBs,
in the malboxes DB, etc.
Depending on what lock occurs, the behaviour can be different.

> For the moment I was only able to find a sigfault in apache, but this
> could be due to bad memory usage.
> Could you also please send me the 2.1.15 .srpm (if it's smaller than 2Mb
> by email) or point me to a link to download it?

I'll try in a separate mail (2293KB full qp-encoded).
Maybe the Kroupware team can also provide a link ?

--
Nicolas Huillard