[Kroupware] Kolab imap lmtpd locking

Nicolas Huillard nhuillard at ghs.fr
Thu Nov 13 10:50:56 CET 2003

Stephan Buys wrote:

> Hi Nicholas,
>
> We had quite a few problems with 2.1.14 especially on busy servers, we
> subsequently upgraded to 2.1.15 and that seems to have solved the problem
> (Server which had continually locked up have been running for weeks without
> problems)
>
> I'm not 100% if this is related to db4 errors, but if you are interested I can
> send you 2.1.15 .src.rpm which you can use as a replacement for 2.1.14.

Please send it to me off-list. Thanks.

> Apparently there is a problem in the way that 2.1.14 handles Berkeley DB.
>
> Also, to get out of our database woes we used the ctl_cyrusdb utility.

I used this one, and also cyrreconstruct.
ctl_cyrusdb tries to recover errors on share DB files (mailboxes, seen,
quota), while cyrreconstruct tries to recovers errors on folder-specific
cache and header files.
It appears that the problem was there, and I did a "cyrreconstruct -f -r
user" to recursively reconstruct all folder DB files from (-f) disk files.
I had already done a lot of "ctl_cyrusdb -r", "ctl_cyrusdb -r -x" and
"ctl_cyrusdb -c", but the problems kept reappearing rapidly.

Maybe you incidentaly reconstructed all DB files when installing a new
imapd version : the problems was not solved in the code but in the
files, and might reappear... Keep us informed.

> Hope this helps,

It does.

> Regards,
> Stephan Buys