[Kroupware] Newbie questions.

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Nov 4 19:53:54 CET 2003

On Tuesday 04 November 2003 11:42, Alexander Wallace wrote:
> I want to install kolab server in Debian/Alpha system, running woody. I
> have a few questions for the knowledgable here:
>
> 1- Can it be installed, is it known to run on Alpha arquitecture running
> Debian woody?

I haven't seen reports about it,
but we believe that it can be installed and run on Debian GNU/Linux alpha.

> 2- I see kolab uses a lot of services, like apache, openldap, postfix, etc.
> Do all of those services tat get compiled and I assume installed with Kolab
> interfere, replace or otherwise affect preexisting counterparts already
> installed in the system? (already installed apache, exim, wu-imapd-ssl,
> etc).

Kolab currently is packaged using the OpenPKG packaging system
which also has source package. It all installs in a seperate subdirectory,
e.g. /kolab.

You have to disable the already installed counterparts though.
The Kolab components need the ports. :)

> 3-Is there debian binary packages for alpha arquitecture by any
> chance?

Not that I know of.