[Kroupware] KMail CVS and Kolab

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Mon Nov 3 17:17:32 CET 2003

Am Montag, 3. November 2003 12:19 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> On Friday 31 October 2003 22:28, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> > I want to try KMails Kolab-support. Normal IMAP of course is no problem.
> > But I can not setup the groupware resources. I bind the resources to
> > Kolab->INBOX and they get created. But when I restart KMail everytime I
> > get a dialog-box if I want to create the resource folder the first time.
> > If I press OK the resource folder appear for a moment but then they go
> > away from the folder view.
> >
> > Do I need these groupware resource folders? How to setup this beast ?;-)
>
> Usually the KDE Kolab Client will create the folders as necessary.
> Which version were you trying?
> Only the Kroupwere branch is quaranteed to work.

I'm testing KMail CVS Head. While the process of merging  KROUPWARE and HEAD
is not finished, I think its valid to test it now. The new resource
management in KDE-3.2pre is very powerful and IMAP resource seems to work.
But setting up these IMAP folders works only for the runtime of kmail. When I
restart KMail a window pops up "Do you want to create the Folders now? Yes
No". When I enter "Yes"  I see for a short time the groupware folders, then
they disappear. When I go to the setup dialog I have to disable and enable
the groupware option. Then sometimes it works for this kmail session oder
kmail crashs.

Bye

  Thorsten