[Kroupware] alias question

Stephan Buys s.buys at codefusion.co.za
Wed May 21 08:35:03 CEST 2003

Hi Wim,

To clarify, the email address are handled as follows (as far as I understand ;-)
Please note I am referring to RC1

1) Your default email address is your userid. Your mailbox is also named after
this ID. This email address should work de-facto.

2) The alias and email address fields in the Kolab webfrontend are used by
/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab perl script to generate the virtual address lookups
stored in /kolab/etc/postfix/virtual.
Note that the userid email address will not necesarrily show up in the virtual
file.

To make sure that all the files are properly generated you can run
/kolab/etc/kolab/kolab -v -o

and then use:
/kolab/bin/monit status

To make sure that everything is running nicely.

Regards,
Stephan Buys