[Kroupware] alias question

Wim Bakker wim at speed.planet.nl
Tue May 20 18:26:22 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 20 May 2003 17:46, Dieter Kluenter wrote:

> You have to configure slurpd to update the slave server, and you have
> to run a slave server aka replica as well. Slurpd gets its
> configration parameters from slapd, but don't forget that slurpd is a
> client to slapd, not a server application.
> See man (5) slapd.conf and man (5) slapd.replog
> and http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin21/
>
> -Dieter
I don't understand this, shouldn't this happen automatically.
I thought the whole kolab server was about a preconfigured
system that handles all these tasks? Does this basically mean that
I can't be sure that when I update usersettings in the
webinterface , they get applied to the ldap database?
And this allso doesn't explain why sometimes an alias
get applied correctly and sometimes not, when added in the
webinterface.

Wim