[Kroupware] alias question

Dieter Kluenter dieter at dkluenter.de
Tue May 20 18:46:11 CEST 2003

Wim Bakker <wim at unetix.nl> writes:

> On Tuesday 20 May 2003 11:02, Wim Bakker wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have problems with aliases in kolab so:
[...]
> Oke , I found a logfile that's telling me something
> /kolab/var/openldap/openldap-slurp/slurpd.replog
> the relevant part is:
> ----
> replace: alias
> alias: wim.bakker
> ------

That is the notification for slurpd to update the replica

> So apparently some process gets notified
> of the changed alias, and now what should happen
> next, I suppose the ldap database should be updated
> but seemingly that doesn't happen, because
> when I change the e-mail address of user wim
> to wim.bakker at unetix.nl and remove the alias,
> slurpd.replog says:
> replace: mail
> mail: wim.bakker at unetix.nl
>
> but mail to wim at unetix.nl gets nicely delivered
> and mail for wim.bakker at unetix.nl still gets bounced
> with user unknown error, and I really waited a few hours
> to see whether the database gets updated.
> What to do about this?

You have to configure slurpd to update the slave server, and you have
to run a slave server aka replica as well. Slurpd gets its
configration parameters from slapd, but don't forget that slurpd is a
client to slapd, not a server application.
See man (5) slapd.conf and man (5) slapd.replog
and http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin21/

-Dieter

--
Dieter Kluenter  | Systemberatung