[Kroupware] More than one Kolab server

Dieter Kluenter dieter at dkluenter.de
Tue May 20 18:30:12 CEST 2003

Filip Van Raemdonck <mechanix at debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 01:57:02PM +0200, Dieter Kluenter wrote:
>> "konold at erfrakon.de" <konold at erfrakon.de> writes:
>> > On Tue, 20 May 2003, Dieter Kluenter wrote:
[...]
>> the pros and cons of ldbm vs. bdb have been extensively discussed on
>> the openldap-software mailinglist.
>
> And elsewhere. BDB has several advantages, but it's also buggy as hell.
> I've actually seen a SuSE openldap update (for SLEnterprise) which
> reverted the ldap server from bdb to ldbm, _without asking_. They sure
> won't do that unless there had been serious issues with using bdb. (Also,
> I've seen the #5 hang I mentioned on both SLE & Debian unstable with
> openldap 2.1 using bdb, so its not distribution specific)

There have been some issues with regard to berkeleydb.4.1 and openldap
lately but starting from openldap-2.1.17 it seems to be stable.
Frankly I have a testing system running under medium load with
openldap-2.1.19 as master and two replicas with openldap-2.1.17. There
are about 100 writes per hour and 3x500 reads per minute. The system
is running now for 4 days.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Kluenter  | Systemberatung