[Kroupware] Kolab server alias problem and more

Wim Bakker wim at unetix.nl
Mon May 19 16:10:12 CEST 2003

Hai,

I am now several weeks busy with the kolab server
and I don't get several problems definitely not resolved.
I don't know whether these are bugs or wrong-doings
from me, so maybe I better drop it in the group.

1. Initially when a complete fresh installation is done
    and the kolab services are started the first time, it seems
   reluctant to add a user. I tried this several times again
   and again , but after a fresh install and after added the first
   user , it's for that user impossible to login , until the services
   are restarted , only then user(s) get created after adding
  them through the web interface. I reported this once before
   , and the response was then that I should wait a while and let
   the services run, and that it should update after some time, but
   even waiting a few hours doesn't help. After a fresh install and
   after adding the first user , the only thing to get kolab doing something
   is by restarting the services. After that , new users get added smoothly.
    Is there a logfile, proces I can monitor to see what happens that
  first time?

2. What is the logic behind an alias in the webinterface? I have several
    instances where the alias of an user isn't recognized as a valid
recipient, notably when changing,adding an alias after a user is created.
Where get aliases stored? Apparently not in /kolab/etc/postfix/aliases. How
can I check whether a alias is correctly stored?
 3. Outlook sucks, it never reacts the same when trying to configure for
  kolab , it never works right straight away. Sometimes I can see shared
  folders , sometimes I can't , sometimes I can see the shared agenda/contacts
of another users , sometimes I don't , seems like updates on the kolab server
don't go correct, or whatever, why can't people not simply use kmail. I hate
windows. SO , that was a relief.

TIA
Wim Bakker

This e-mail was scanned by RAV Antivirus!