[Kroupware] translation efforts

Jeroen Baten jbaten at i2rs.nl
Fri May 9 17:07:31 CEST 2003

Op donderdag 8 mei 2003 19:44, schreef Diego Rivera:
> I think gettext is the way to go, and it's very simple to use.  The
> initialization code can be centralized in one place, app-wide, and then
> using _() enables string internationalization.
>
> Plus...I think most people doing I18N for Linux these days are going the
> gettext() route because it's so widely supported.

I must admit that this is a much nicer solution. Forgive my lack of knowledge
in this matter. Now if only someone would use sed on the current files in cvs
and let others focus on the translation.... ?

(yes, this is a hint towards the current developers :-)

It eliminates the need for me to have to setup a kolab server myself simply
because I would like to start translating asap.

kind regards all!

--
  Jeroen Baten            | EMAIL :  JBATEN at I2RS.NL
 ____  _  __              | web   :  www.i2rs.nl
  |  )|_)(_               | tel   :  +31 (0)30 221 00 11
 _|_/_| \__)              | fax   :  +31 (0)30 220 31 91
  Kometenlaan 26, 3721 JT, Bilthoven, the Netherlands