[Kroupware] RE: Announce: Kolab Webclient (pre-alpha/planning)

Diego Rivera lrivera at racsa.co.cr
Tue May 6 14:10:04 CEST 2003

That seems like a good option, since I don't see "assimilation" as the
way to go.  I've always preferred loosely-coupled components with good
abstraction between them (and thus total - or, at least, almost total -
implementation independance) to tighter integration, but with a degree
of (if not total) implementation dependance.

However, if it were to be adopted as the "preferred" web-gui for Kolab,
then it IS important for us to work very closely with the Horde team
developing the needed drivers for their framework, and thus maintain
their products' independence, while enhancing the integration
capabilities with Kolab.

So...who wants to participate, and how should we organize?  I think one
(or more) of the Kolab maintainers should step in here and help us
organize so that we fit into the modus-operandi of Kolab as a whole -
i.e., the "Web-Tier guys".

So...I hereby postulate myself for the all-important crucial position of
sub-project Jester.  Will juggle, will not sing or dance, will not wear
pointy hats with rattles.  Will joke about M$. ;)

BTW: Breaking News - Steve Ballmer just appointed Mohammed Saheed
al-Sayyaf (aka Baghdad Bob) as the official M$ spokesman for all matters
Linux and OSS related.  After accepting the appointment, MSS is quoted
as saying "There are no Linux installations in any computers anywhere in
the world.  It's all a complex lie by concocted by the accursed and
infidel Penguins of the south pole.  Those Linux installations are
crashing and erasing their own hard drives as we speak - if there were
any, which there are not.  We will destroy them all with our new
unstoppable virus: Windows Server 2003."

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 09:52, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 6. Mai 2003 15:12 schrieb Maarten Stolte:
>
> Hi,
>
> > > If you want to review this, I can e-mail you the instructions on how to
> > > get the full horde apps environment going in a jiffy (even e-mail you
> > > some conf files to help).
>
> > I´d like to join in on the party, any tasks set out?
>
> What about providing the horde stuff as an addon package for Kolab so that it
> fits nicely into the package maintainance?
>
> Regards,
> -- martin
>
> Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold
>
> e r f r a k o n
> Erlewein, Frank, Konold & Partner - Beratende Ingenieure und Physiker
> Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
> fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
> email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de

* Diego Rivera                                            *
* "The Disease: Windows, the cure: Linux"                 *
* E-mail: lrivera<AT>racsa<DOT>co<DOT>cr                  *
* Replace: <AT>='@', <DOT>='.'                            *
* GPG: BE59 5469 C696 C80D FF5C  5926 0B36 F8FF DA98 62AD *
* GPG Public Key avaliable at: http://pgp.mit.edu         *