[Kroupware] Kroupware RFC

Martin Konold kroupware@mail.kde.org
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 04:08:12 +0200

Am Sonntag, 30. M=E4rz 2003 23:42 schrieb Helge Hess:

Hi,

> What do you mean by "in the future" ?

After the release of 1.0.

> How do you plan to work around the
> problem that you cannot identify the type of the folder ?
> Do you plan to make any folder available for any folder type and filter
> on the content type of the message ?

Basically yes, I currently plan to put this info together with some other=20
stuff in a special message.

> This is because you have no shared calendar folders but only a single
> private folder which is stored on the server, all scheduling is done by
> copying all information for any user ? (where copying is implemented by
> sending mails which are automatically processed ?)

No, we allow for shared calendars via a shared IMAP folder.

> What happens if two people move/annotate/edit the same meeting record at
> the same time ?

The entry gets duplicated in this case.

> If you have a read/write shared folder you have "typical database
> problems", don't you ? ;-) [actually not database problems, but
> multiuser system problems]

No, we dont have the typical db problems. The semantic is very much differe=
nt.=20
E.g. there is no semantic to move or modify a message. Only copy and delete.

> BTW: is the Kroupware address book stored in LDAP or in IMAP ?

We support both. LDAP is currently used for read only global data while IMA=
P=20
is used for personal and shared contact data.

Regards,
=2D- martin

Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de