[Kroupware] E-Mail aliases in kroupware

Hansjoerg Maurer kroupware@mail.kde.org
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 17:50:57 +0100

Hi,

we have installed the kolab-server 1-beta2 without problems.
Great work!
I have just some minor problems with the way, I had to choose UID's and
aliases.
If I add a user using tthe web interface, I am able to give an alias to
that user.
I tried the following setup.
Firstname: hansjoerg
Lastname maurer
uid: maurer
alias: hansjoerg.maurer

Is that the right way, or
-should the UID be hansjoerg.maurer (with an alias maurer)?
-should the alias be hansjoerg.maurer@domain.de (with the domainname added)?

It seems, that postfix doesn't recognize these aliases at all.
I had to add them manually in /kolab/etc/aliases.

When I create an appointment with another user (e.g. klaus test, with
UID test),
I am able to select user test from the
adressbook and a notification email is sent to him (test@domain.de).

User test replys (from outlook), that he accepts the appointment, with
an email,
with a sender address klaus.test@domain.de.
But the reply is not accepted from kolab as a vaild reply for the
appointment above,
because it is not from test@domain.de, which was originally invited...

What is the right way to manage this?

Buy the way, I am unable to delete shared folder or an ACL on a shared
folder using the web interface.
The ACL's itself seem to work.

Thank you very much.

Greetings

Hansjörg

Dr.  Hansjoerg Maurer           | LAN- & System-Manager

Deutsches Zentrum               | DLR Oberpfaffenhofen
  f. Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V.   |
Institut f. Robotik             |
Postfach 1116                   | Muenchner Strasse 20
82230 Wessling                  | 82234 Wessling
Germany                         |

Tel: 08153/28-2431              | E-mail: Hansjoerg.Maurer@dlr.de
Fax: 08153/28-1134              | WWW: http://www.robotic.dlr.de/