[Kroupware] General inquiry re. Kolab + Kontact

Salvatore Enrico Indiogine hindiogine at spinn.net
Fri Jun 27 19:15:20 CEST 2003

Greetings!

I have been a Linux enthusiast for many years and have even taught it in
a community college for one semester.

I would like to make the jump into full-time Linux consulting.  I am
really excited about the progress that Linux is making with the 2.6
kernel soon to come.  I am even more impressed with the progress that
KDE is making.  I am of the opinion that Kolab+Kontact can the a great
opportunity for KDE/GNU/Linux to establish itself even more in the
business environment.

Thus my questions:

1. Is Kolab production quality?  If not yet, do we have an estimated
date of completion for version 1.0?

2. My understanding is that Kontact is going to be released with KDE
3.2.  That should be in December 2003.  Can I assume that by December
2003 we are ready to implement Kolab + Kontact in businesses and
organizations?

Any advise suggestions regarding these ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Enrico Indiogine

--
Salvatore Enrico Indiogine
Roswell, New Mexico
hindiogine at spinn.net
http://www.spinn.net/~hindiogine

** Email sent from a virus-immune Linux PC **