[Kroupware] Kontact == kolab client?

Jon Reynolds jonr at ninestar.com
Fri Jun 27 15:41:35 CEST 2003

Ok, I have been trying to get the kdeclient side working with minimal
success. I am under the impression that the app Kontact is what is
needed for the kmail client, is that correct? Do I need both the kdepim
and the kdenetwork, of which I have installed both, to make the kmail
client work or am I completely missing it?

If Kontact is what I am looking for then I am having this problem, when
I start Kontact from command line it opens a window with 2 frames and
File Help at the top. The two frames are both greyed out. I was told
that kontact needs to know where the KDE plugins are so it can start.

Here is what I was told I needed to do:

"The problem is, that the part, which is responsible for loading the
single plugins in kontact, can't locate the plugins, when the KDE
directory is not a part of KDEDIRS or in the entry of the mentioned
file."

I installed kontact on /usr/local/src/kde-pim<version> KDE was installed
during a default install of RH9. How do I link this or make it known to
Kontact. I have tried what was suggested but it is not working.

 /usr/local/kde/bin/kontact<command to start kontact>

These are the errors I get after issueing the command:

Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the
authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
authentication failed
DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Could not open network socket
_KDE_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the
authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
authentication failed

Can someone give a hand with this?

Thanks for any help.

Jon