[Kroupware] Few more questions

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Jun 27 18:01:20 CEST 2003

On Thursday 26 June 2003 15:15, Arend van Beelen wrote:
> Apparently it has successfully uploaded its list, since a file
> /kolab/var/kolab/www/freebusy/user1.vfb exists on the
> server (user1 is the KDE client).

Yes, this is the way to debug what has been updloaded.
Also check the apache and proftpd logs about what
has been attempted by clients.

> But if I configure Outlook according to the docs from Bynari, it fails with
> both uploading and downloading. If I try the URL Outlook
> should use (http://192.168.101.202/freebusy/user1.vfb)
> from my browser, it says WebDAV authorisation is required.
> This seems strange to me, since the Kolab Architecture
> Paper notes Outlook should use anonymous FTP/plain HTTP
> for retrieval.

First: Make sure that you enable http and ftp service
via the webinterface.

Secondly you can test this with other clients (like wget, lynx, ftp)
or so from GNU/Linux, too.
For http and ftp upload you need a simple shared secret
(almost no security!)  it might be freebusy.

http://freebusy:freebusy@192.168.101.202/freebusy/%NAME%.vfb

ftp://freebusy:freebusy@192.168.101.202/oluser.vfb

> Finally, if an Outlook client has shared its Calender
> folder through the InsightConnector plugin, the KDE client
> picks this up after IMAP synchronization, but shows the
> folder as mail items. If I tell it explicitly the contents
> is a Calender, it works, but after I deselect it and
> select it again, I see the Calender for a fraction of a
> second and then it shows it as mail again. Seems like a
> bug to me...

We have some code trying to read the outlook format mails,
but there is no write support and such a write support
is practically impossible to get stable.