[Kroupware] questions on LDAP

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Jun 27 17:29:19 CEST 2003

On Thursday 26 June 2003 10:48, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 01:00:16PM -0800, Jon Reynolds wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> > And is there an easy way to populate the ldap server with adresses like
> > importing a .csv file into it?
>
> You have to create a read-write able LDAP resource in KAddressBook, then
> you can import vCards or CSV and store them on the server.

We don't allow write access to the Kolab Server ldap part.
Note that his is only like a company wide addressbook.
Every user has its personal contacts (which are also handled by KAddressBook),
but saved to the disconnected IMAP account.

As system administrator of the service you can carefully
use ldiff files to do mass changes to the ldap contents
or write scripts for other mass tasks.

> > And is there any way to connect to the ldap server by using a
> > username/passwd combo instead of anonymously?
>
> This features is available in current version of KAddressBook, but does
> not work with the kroupware client.

Yes, we don't need it, because in principle there is only public
information ithe read-only company phone book. :)