[Kroupware] Few more questions

Arend van Beelen arend at auton.nl
Thu Jun 26 16:15:52 CEST 2003

Hi!

Thanks to your help I've been able to set up the Kolab and
I now got a KDE client and a Outlook client successfully
working with mail, addressbook and calender. But
unfortunately the free/busy lists still do not work. I
configured both the KDE client and the Outlook client. The
KDE doesn't complain and seems to work. Apparently it has
successfully uploaded its list, since a file
/kolab/var/kolab/www/freebusy/user1.vfb exists on the
server (user1 is the KDE client). But if I configure
Outlook according to the docs from Bynari, it fails with
both uploading and downloading. If I try the URL Outlook
should use (http://192.168.101.202/freebusy/user1.vfb)
from my browser, it says WebDAV authorisation is required.
This seems strange to me, since the Kolab Architecture
Paper notes Outlook should use anonymous FTP/plain HTTP
for retrieval.

Another thing I noted was that I needed to instruct
Outlook to send iCalender invitations to work together
with the KDE client. While the Bynari docs tell me
explicitly to disable iCalender. Is that correct?

Finally, if an Outlook client has shared its Calender
folder through the InsightConnector plugin, the KDE client
picks this up after IMAP synchronization, but shows the
folder as mail items. If I tell it explicitly the contents
is a Calender, it works, but after I deselect it and
select it again, I see the Calender for a fraction of a
second and then it shows it as mail again. Seems like a
bug to me...

I'm using RC3 of the KDE client and Outlook 2000.

Thanks,

Arend jr.