[Kroupware] Re: Custom UID

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Jun 24 19:07:55 CEST 2003

Am Dienstag, 24. Juni 2003 18:00 schrieb Christopher Lewis:

Hi,

> duties.  I just want 1 place where I can enter my user information, and it
> just works.

Yes, this is a valid goal.

> As it stands right now, this is not the case.

Why?

> E-mail has a
> separate login scheme from everything else (can't be changed

Yes, we dont want to change the login scheme for Kolab (not just email but
also webdav etc.)

>, and not
> compatible with Kolab's login scheme)

??

> while everything else can at least
> use the same 4 letter login ID (still maintained separately, however I have
> the ability to change that).  I believe that if Kroupware/Kolab wants to be
> a success, it will have to address these issues.

Sorry, I have the impression that there is some misunderstanding here.

Please explain to me why the current scheme put either a burden on an
administrator or on the user?

E.g. shall we rename the "enter login name" to simply "enter your email
address" in the documentation and the GUI?

Yours,
-- martin

Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de