[Kroupware] Re: Mozilla KDE Client?

Nicolas Huillard nhuillard at ghs.fr
Mon Jun 23 19:06:28 CEST 2003

Bernhard Reiter wrote:
>>Yes, this is also what KMail does now (that was part of the project). And
>>AFAIK, mozilla already has disconnected IMAP.
>
> There is a cached mode, but I'm not sure that is has the same quality
> as the needed disconnected IMAP.
> Last time I looked for this, I could not find documentation explaining
> this features of mozilla.

I recently had a problem with Moz : it had lost an email on my office PC
(I really don't know what happenned and it's very unpleasant), and
wanted to go back home, close the firewall to disable IMAP replication
from the office to home, and get the email from this local copy (I had
typed the email there).
...Mozilla didn't want to open the message until it had connected to the
server... And once connected to the server, it had deleted the local
cache of that email...
That's not what can be called disconnected IMAP...
There is a feature called "offline use", but I do not use it regularly.

NH