[Kroupware] [PLATEFORME INFORMATION] - A few questions

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jun 23 18:27:50 CEST 2003

On Friday 20 June 2003 11:05, Sidoine Mosiah PIERREL wrote:
> I am currently designing a new meta-distribution project (derivated from
> Debian and compatible with Woody) for a big european customer. My team
> planes to integrate Kolab and Kgroupware as a part of this project to build
> up a unify desktop environment with KDE. I saw that the release 1.0 is
> close or done. But I also saw that many of you work on  SuSE.

Main testplatform is a custom version of Debian GNU/Linux based on woody.

The questions have a server and a client part.
Note that the server uses the OpenPKG system
which basically creates its own packaging space within
the regular operating system.

> My question is the following?
> - Is there any package for Debian or a documentation?

AFAIK Kolab client packages have been proposed the Debian,
but not entered sid yet.

We sometimes publish convinience binary packages
for the server. They'll work on Debian, but they are using
the OpenPKG subsystem and aren't integrated in the regular
Debian system.

The quite large documentation can be found from
http://kroupware.kde.org/documentation.html
or in the CVS.

> - What are the known difficulties until now to integrate Kolab/Kgroupware
> within Debian (version Woody)?

No special difficulties expect that you need the backport
of the KDE related packages for the client and need to use the OpenPGK
for the server.