[Kroupware] Custom UID

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Fri Jun 20 00:30:50 CEST 2003

Am Donnerstag, 19. Juni 2003 23:05 schrieb Christopher Lewis:

Hi,

> How hard is it going to be to add a custom UID back into the Kolab server?

The effort would be significant and not in compliance with our goals for Kolab
2.0 either.

I currently can only imagine to offer custom UIDs as an optional feature in
post 1.0 versions. But this optional feature is currently low priority
because we intend to use the current scheme as a building block for future
multidomain capabilities.

Our current contract with the BSI actually asked for the change towards the
current scheme which imho not only has technical benefits like UID beeing
automatically globally unique but also is better usability wise (No need to
remember your UID in addition to your email address)

Of course we are open to implement such an _optional_ feature if demand really
rises.

Yours,
-- martin

Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de