[Kroupware] using username instead of firstname.lastname@domain for POP3/IMAP login

Henning Holtschneider hh at holtschneider.com
Thu Jun 19 18:38:49 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to use a manually entered username for IMAP/POP3 logins instead
of the pre-defined firstname.lastname at domain scheme. I patched
create_user.php as per the attached diff file. However, I still can only
access a user's mailbox using firstname.lastname at domain as the username.

I can log in using the username I chose but the IMAP mailbox will show up
emtpy and if I log in via POP3, I get "-ERR [SYS/PERM] Unable to open
maildrop".

Is there any way to use a manually entered username (as in older versions
of the Kolab server)? I have more than 500 users/mailboxes which I would
like to migrate to Kolab and I cannot not change the old usernames.

Regards,
hh