[Kroupware] Kolab Client

Christopher Lewis kroupware at mail.kde.org
Wed Jun 18 11:59:09 CEST 2003

I'm just a little confused about building the Kolab client.  I'm running
Mandrake 9.1 which includes KDE 3.1.  The client builds fine, but when I run
the new KMail, it has some problems.  It gets through the configuration okay,
then says it can't authenticate using PLAIN.  It then asks if it is okay to
build the Mail subdirectories, I click OK, and it crashes with some DCOP
errors.  (I'll post the exact error messages soon.)

Do I need to install KDE 3.1 from source, or is it okay to build just the
KDENETWORK and KDEPIM packages from the Kroupware site?

I am using the last version of Kolab Server 1.0, I am using the full email
address for my test user login, Password is correct, the server name is
resolveable, and I can't think of any other reason for authentication to
fail.

Thanks in advance for any help I get.
--
Christopher Lewis