[Kroupware] Multiple domains

Dieter Kluenter dieter at dkluenter.de
Tue Jun 17 00:59:28 CEST 2003

Hi,

"Jason A. Pattie" <pattieja at pcxperience.com> writes:

> But what about having multiple users in different domains with the
> same username?
>
> i.e., john at mydomain.com, john at yourdomain.com
>
> From my understanding, cyrus does not support the same username for
> multiple domains.  Apparently cyrus authenticates on user and strips
> off the domain, so john would be john no matter what, so I don't see
> it working.

Do not get messed up with cyrus-imap and cyrus-sasl :-(
You are right in the way that cyrus-sasl strips of the realm from a
users uid, while the realm by default is host.domain, that is, the uid
would be user at host.domain. But kolab does not do any cyrus-sasl
authentication.

Cyrus-imap would accept any loginname as long as it gets an OK from an
authentication service.

> Stephan Buys wrote:
>> Martin can correct me if I am wrong, but as of Kolab RC1 the virtual
>> aliasing function of Postfix. If this is still the case with the
> latest 1.0
>> you can use the /kolab/etc/kolab/virtual.template file to add any
>> arbitrary e-mail address to the system that will then be translated
>> to the final "mailbox" address.
>>
>> This would be one way of setting up multiple domain support. DNS
>> will take care of the rest.
>> On Tuesday 10 June 2003 21:12, Jason A. Pattie wrote:
>>
>>>I couldn't find much on the kroupware mailing list concerning this.
>>>Does Kolab support multiple virtual domains?

-Dieter

--
Dieter Kluenter  | Systemberatung
Tel:040.64861967 | Fax: 040.64891521