[Kroupware] Multiple domains

Stephan Buys s.buys at codefusion.co.za
Mon Jun 16 23:11:14 CEST 2003

The uid will be the "main" e-mail address. The name (as far as I know)
does not get mapped to john. You need the "john at mydomain.com" to log
in. So it does work.

If you go look in /kolab/var/imapd/spool/user/

you will see that the complete name is used as the username/mailboxname.
(they remap some of the characters in order for Cyrus to work)

On Monday 16 June 2003 19:55, Jason A. Pattie wrote:
> But what about having multiple users in different domains with the same
> username?
>
> i.e., john at mydomain.com, john at yourdomain.com
>
> From my understanding, cyrus does not support the same username for
> multiple domains.  Apparently cyrus authenticates on user and strips off
> the domain, so john would be john no matter what, so I don't see it
> working.
>
> Stephan Buys wrote:
> > Martin can correct me if I am wrong, but as of Kolab RC1 the virtual
> > aliasing function of Postfix. If this is still the case with the
>
> latest 1.0
>
> > you can use the /kolab/etc/kolab/virtual.template file to add any
> > arbitrary e-mail address to the system that will then be translated to
> > the final "mailbox" address.
> >
> > This would be one way of setting up multiple domain support. DNS will
> > take care of the rest.
> >
> > On Tuesday 10 June 2003 21:12, Jason A. Pattie wrote:
> >>I couldn't find much on the kroupware mailing list concerning this.
> >>Does Kolab support multiple virtual domains?
> >>
> >>--
> >>Jason A. Pattie
> >>pattieja at xperienceinc.com
>
> --