[Kroupware] could not bind anonymously - again

frederik.kunz at arcor.de frederik.kunz at arcor.de
Thu Jul 31 15:24:13 CEST 2003

Hi,

I was able to install the Debian binaries without any problems on a Debian 3.0 system. But now that I want to connect to the web-interface I get the "could not bind anonymously" error.

testsaslauthd -u manager -p password
gives
0: OK "Success."

This is from my apache errorlog:

PHP Warning:  main(session_vars.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /kolab/var/kolab/www/admin/include/headfoot.php on line 9 PHP Warning:  main(): Failed opening 'session_vars.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /kolab/var/kolab/www/admin/include/headfoot.php on line 9 PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  ldap_server in /kolab/var/kolab/www/admin/include/ldap_utils.php on line 88 PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  ldap_port in /kolab/var/kolab/www/admin/include/ldap_utils.php on line 88 PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  php_dn in /kolab/var/kolab/www/admin/include/ldap_utils.php on line 90 PHP Notice:  Undefined index:  php_pw in /kolab/var/kolab/www/admin/include/ldap_utils.php on line 90 PHP Warning:  ldap_bind():  Unable to bind to server: Can't contact LDAP server in /kolab/var/kolab/www/admin/include/ldap_utils.php on line 90

and this is from my syslog
gateway slapd[7951]: daemon: socket() failed errno=97 (Address family not supported by protocol)

I found an earlier post with similar problems in the archives claiming it has to do with the password for the user nobody, but I think my problem lies somewhere else.

Any hints?

Regards,

Frederik