[Kroupware] Bynari Connector

Arend van Beelen jr. arend at auton.nl
Wed Jul 30 15:48:35 CEST 2003

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:53:46 +0200
  Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> wrote:
>On Wednesday 30 July 2003 14:42, Jochen Theil wrote:
>
>> I´ve received the mail attached below from Bynari
>>support as an answer to
>> questions regarding the well-known problem with the
>>folders, Outlook tries
>> to create in the root of the folder tree (calendar,
>>contacts et.al.).
>> Result of that answer is, that the Connector is
>>completely useless for ppl.
>> not using the InsightServer but the Kolab, as in my
>>case.
>
>You mean the new 2.0 version of it.
>We've been testing and using 1.x versions with Kolab
>successfully for months.
Well, I had some trouble with version 1 as well (both 1.09
and 1.15).
Trouble I had were some characters not being allowed in
folder names (like '), moving of folders didn't work if
the subfolders weren't cached locally yet and (worst of
all) shared folders didn't work.
If I had a shared folder called Group, it would show up
like user.Group in Outlook. OK, fine. But as soon as I
clicked it and InsightConnector tried to synchronize the
folder, it told me it couldn't create the folder and it
should be moved to my inbox.
These issues were in another mail (labeled
InsightConnector versions) as well, but I did not get a
reply about the InsightConnector 1.x issues. Can you
verify these problems, or is there a solution?

Greets,

--
Arend van Beelen jr.
http://www.liacs.nl/~dvbeelen