AW: [Kroupware] installing on SuSE 8.2

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-kolab at benshaw.com
Tue Jul 29 14:43:00 CEST 2003

> Im just installing K. on the same system... it doesnt even come in
> touch with the standard rpm-system
> if you delete /kolab (following the QIM) and all uninstall is done!...
> just try following the quim! but READ CAREFULLY!!!
> mised the part with the uuencode and was first searching
> into the completely wrong direction when i got some errors in the
> first steps of the QIM

I am pretty sure I followed the QIM as closely as possible, but I cannot
install any of the source RPMs...

# su - kolab
$ pwd
/kolab
$ echo $PATH
/kolab/bin:/kolab/sbin:/kolab/bin:/kolab/sbin:/kolab/local/bin:/kolab/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:/opt/gnome2/bin:/opt/gnome/bin:/opt/kde3/bin:/opt/temp:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin

so I know that the /kolab rpm command is being run...

I put all the source files in ~kolab/source.
$ rpm -ihv *.src.rpm
error: apache-1.3.27-20030611.src.rpm cannot be installed

I have verified that my source/ directory is owned by and accessible by
user/group kolab.  I have also straced though the execution but wasn't able
to find anything which would help figure out what was going on.  Finally, I
have also tried initializing the in-kolab/ copy of the RPM database but
nothing so far seems to help.

Attached is the strace output in case it helps.

Regards,
Andrew