[Kroupware] create user fails

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sun Jul 27 16:27:07 CEST 2003

Am Sonntag, 27. Juli 2003 15:18 schrieb Bernhard Erdmann:

Hi Bernhard,

> > Did you run the bootstrap script as documented in the QIM?
> > Did you start kolab correctly?
> > Is your startup script in /etc/init.d/kolab correct?
> > Are you 100% sure that you installed the correct rpms? Please compare
> > with the list on www.erfrakon.de

> the bootstrap script was run as printed when I installed the kolab rpm
> (as user kolab).

Sorry, this is wrong you _must_ run the bootstrap script as user root!

> Then "/kolab/etc/rc.d/rc.kolab start" was issued, first
> being kolab, second being root.

The same applies for the startup script /kolab/etc/rc.d/rc.kolab. This script
_must_ be executed as root.

Both scripts need root permissions.

> "rc.kolab start" did not print any errors. I verified Postfix and Cyrus

I think we should improve kolab and spit out errors when beeing executed by
the wrong user.

I addition I improved the text when installing the kolab rpm.

Regards,
-- martin

Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de