[Kroupware] create user fails

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sun Jul 27 15:39:30 CEST 2003

Am Sonntag, 27. Juli 2003 13:20 schrieb Bernhard Erdmann:

Hi Bernhard,

> when trying to create a new user on my new kolab server, it misses a
> field "Unique UserID" as shown on
> http://kolab.kde.org/administration-1.0-html/c44.html .

With 1.0 we changed the policy to make the email address the uid. After all
every valid email address is globally unique already.

> After I had filled in the required fields (see
> http://berdmann.dyndns.org/debug/kolab/kolab-create-user.gif ), it
> jumped immediately to the "Modify Existing User"-page (see
> http://berdmann.dyndns.org/debug/kolab/kolab-modify-user.gif ).

Yes, this is fine. Everything looks ok to me.

> Though this new user is shown on the "Manage Email Users" page (see
> http://berdmann.dyndns.org/debug/kolab/kolab-manage-email-users.gif ),

The user is indeed created in the LDAP repository. (This page does read from
LDAP before displaying)

> it does not appear in the address book (see
> http://berdmann.dyndns.org/debug/kolab/kolab-manage-address-book.gif )

This gif does not show the address book but the Kolab user list. After all the
address book is meant for _non_ Kolab Users. Basically this addressbook is
usable for storage and central maintainance of external addresses.

Please have a look at
http://www.erfrakon.de/projects/kolab/documentation/administration/c24.html

> and I can't find a Cyrus mailbox for it in /kolab/var/imapd/user/?.

Something is wrong with your kolab setup!

Did you run the bootstrap script as documented in the QIM?
Did you start kolab correctly?
Is your startup script in /etc/init.d/kolab correct?
Are you 100% sure that you installed the correct rpms? Please compare with the
list on www.erfrakon.de

Yours,
-- martin

Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de