[Kroupware] Why OpenPKG

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jul 21 13:32:47 CEST 2003

On Saturday 19 July 2003 00:04, Noèl Köthe wrote:
> Am Don, 2003-07-17 um 15.54 schrieb Martin Konold:
> > > also there should be a possibility to install the kolab server on a
> > > system without the need for openpkg.
> >
> > Why?
>
> It maybe OK for the developement but for administrators it sucks.

There are advantages and disadvantages as you can see from
the continued thread.
On the wording I hope that we can maintain a higher level
of discussion on this list.

The OpenPKG approach has its advantages, too
and I know administrators (like me) who like it.
It is a sound and serious option.

Naturally we also hope that the disadvantages of this
approach can be remedied sooner or later.