[Kroupware] OpenGroupware release is a success for the Kroupware Project

Arend van Beelen jr. arend at auton.nl
Tue Jul 15 00:24:21 CEST 2003

Bernhard Reiter wrote:

>On Monday 14 July 2003 19:36, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

>>>Yes, but still the public relations work of kolab sucks :-(
>>>

>>The actions that I've undertaken were fine,
>>you know why we act as we act.
>>

>To explain this a bit further:
>We've put the priority to quality control the software
>and the collaboration with the community over PR.
>To have a stable and powerful product is the best PR somebody could have.

Often /much/ PR is better than /good/ PR ;)

>Naturally we should start collecting more good experiences
>people have made with Kolab already. Anybody feels like
>contributing success stories? :)

Well, this evening we took our Kolab server into use and installed
Bynari InsightConnector on all our Windows workstations. All 12 of them.
Our single Linux desktop moved from Outlook through CrossOver Office to
KMail. Our mail is still running on an external server at this moment,
but everything is synchronized on the Kolab server. I hope to replace
our current mail server with Kolab tomorrow, but at least this week. Now
we're still experiencing some tough trouble with KMail, and the Bynari
InsightConnector has some bugs as well, but at least we're running.
If everything keeps working out well, I would be willing to write a
success story about it. And since we're an IT company ourselves we are
likely to push Kolab to our customers as well, if everything keeps going
well.
What I'm excited about, is the upcoming Konsec Konnektor. It promises to
resolve much of the irritating incompatibilities we now still experience
between Outlook and KMail. If my boss agrees with it, I might also start
hacking on KMail, in which case you shouldn't be surprised if I start
sending in patches soon (btw, I need to devote some time again to the
KDE Remote Desktop Client as well...).
Anyway, I'll let you know about further news. ;)

Greets,

Arend jr.

--
Arend van Beelen jr.