[Kroupware] OpenGroupware release is a success for the Kroupware Project

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Mon Jul 14 22:45:16 CEST 2003

Pattrick Hüper wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i think success stories would be easier, if the install was easier...
> how about some debian packages of server and client, i suppose that
> would make a some people try and report their stories...

While I am not afraid to compile from source, it is just s.th. I do
not want to do with *every* application.

The lack of binary, distro-compatible packages (of both, the KDE
client and the server) prevents a *lot* of people giving Kroupware
a try, including myself.

This is *bad* PR at the same time as bad development strategy.
Developers potentially (and in reality receive much less feedback.
It is also contra-productive to the proclaimed emphasize of "priority
to quality control". It makes Kolab and Kontact a much more "mystical"
project to the community of its potential users.

Time to change this!

Cheers,
Kurt